NOTE: Location is OPEN - within the BB&T Footprint and accessible to a BB&T Wealth office and air travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Market fee-based business transition and financial planning services to affluent business owner prospects using established procedures, methods, and practices within assigned geography. Recognize business transition and financial planning and product implementation opportunities and communicate these to the client and appropriate BB&T Wealth and commercial team members, as applicable, during the planning process.
- Develop both personal financial plans and business transition plans for business transition clients and develop actionable planning recommendations. Maintain a current level of knowledge in area of expertise to bring the most sophisticated planning solutions to BB&T Wealth.
- Be a subject matter expert (SME) for BB&T Wealth in a specific knowledge area related to business transition planning (e.g. selling to employees or outside parties, estate and gift tax planning, entity planning, buy-sell agreements, employee motivators).
- Prioritize and manage workload based on established goals for completion of planning engagements. Communicate status of work by utilizing the Wealth Division Financial Planning (WDFP) Wealth Link and related Workflow Reports.
- Lead specialty platforms and special projects designed to improve the overall tactical and strategic planning group objectives of the business transition unit and timely report conclusions, updates, and progress back to WDFP management.
- Create strong working relationships with attorneys, accountants, and other advisors in specialized line of business to assure quality administration and increased business opportunity. Represent BB&T in civic, community, government, banking and professional groups.
- Display ability to interact and explain complicated financial planning issues, and create and deliver planning recommendations with both clients and BB&T Wealth team members utilizing Recommendations Letter, Financial Planning Priority Checklist, communicate appropriate next steps in addressing objectives and concerns from the financial and business transition plans.
- Make suggestions to WDFP management for changes and/or enhancements to assure quality service and timely delivery of WDFP services.
- Ensure that the Financial Planning process and workflow are being followed in order to provide the proper advice to planning clients. This includes all necessary internal and client meetings with BB&T Wealth and commercial team members and other BB&T Integrated Relationship Management (IRM) partners.
- Exercise strong understanding of the WDFP process and how it relates to, is implemented, and is explained to BB&T Wealth service platform, as well as supporting internal documents. Proactively explain WDFP processes, procedures, and products to BB&T Wealth team members.
- Mentor and teach specific area of expertise and communicate subject matter updates to other BB&T Wealth Strategists on a regular basis in order to increase abilities and knowledge.
- Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on personal financial issues, regulations, investment philosophies, and planning techniques. Through designated software, work with Business Transition and Financial Planning Analyst to identify gaps/shortfalls in clients’ goals and objectives and provide proper advice and potential solutions.
- Utilize client relationship management software to record financial plan sale dates, proper crediting for implementation of products, planning activity, and delivery of financial plans.
- Maintain organized, efficient client files with minimal excess information; properly dispose of outdated paper-based and electronic-based information.
- Preserve the confidential nature of clients’ business and personal financial data and obtain and share data according to BB&T policies, guidelines, and ethics requirements.
- Attend and participate, at least quarterly, in Wealth and Commercial Team sales meetings as well as established WDFP monthly teleconferences, meetings, and activities.
- Comply with WDFP policies and procedures as well as related Bank, regulatory, and legal guidelines/requirements to ensure compliance with appropriate audit standards.