Full job description and OFFICIAL application available ONLY at: http://18.104.22.168/counter.php?id=178982
Cabrillo College is accepting applications for IMMEDIATE temporary, part-time faculty assignments in Spring 2020 and in order to establish an eligibility pool.
• Master's degree in history OR
• Bachelor's degree in history AND a Master's degree in political science, humanities, geography, area studies, women's studies, social science, or ethnic studies OR
• Equivalent OR
• Possess a lifetime California Community College Instructor credential in subject area
Required Professional Expertise:
• Currency and depth of knowledge in the applicable professional field
• Knowledge of and commitment to teaching strategies and practices that enhance student success at community colleges, including effective use of technology
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to teach the courses or perform the duties effectively as described above
• Demonstrated ability to communicate well with students of diverse academic, ethnic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds; gender identities, sexual orientations; and students with disabilities
• Evidence of professional activities and service beyond the primary teaching assignment
• Development and review of curriculum as well as including assessment of learning
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others
• Demonstrated responsiveness to and understanding of the racial, socioeconomic, academic, and cultural diversity within the community college student population, including students with different ability statuses (e.g., physical and/or learning) as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practices in the classroom
• Demonstrated ability to reflect critically on institutional and teaching practices that aim to increase cultural responsiveness
• Knowledge and understanding of the accountability and critical dimensions of equity
• Demonstrated ability addressing issues of equity in the classroom
Desired Qualifications/Performance Expectations:
• Successful teaching experience at the community college level
• Demonstrated ability to employ innovative teaching techniques and methodologies
• Experience teaching diverse student populations
• Successful online teaching experience
• Knowledge of culturally-responsive pedagogical teaching techniques and effective ways for engaging students who are historically under-represented and under-served.
Equivalency to an academic degree shall include the same depth of knowledge in the discipline and breadth of general education that is required for the degree to meet the minimum qualifications. Equivalent preparation for employment shall be considered under any one category or any combination of the categories listed below:
• Degree in related field with equivalent course work in the required discipline as indicated by transcripts and/or thesis subject.
• Equivalent degrees from foreign universities (as determined by a reputable foreign educational credential evaluation service).
• Course work at an accredited institution of higher education AND state-approved continuing education units applicable for maintaining licensure AND/OR an internship for licensure AND/OR equivalent professional or work experience AND/OR equivalent verifiable accomplishments of eminence in the discipline including but not limited to: publications, research, seminars, creative works, professional performances or exhibitions, honors or awards.
•Graduate students currently working on a Master's degree are encouraged to apply, with the understanding that the graduate student must complete the Supplemental Application for Equivalency Determination form.
Starting Salary: $1,261 - $1,935 per teaching unit, per semester; salary placement determined by documented education and experience. An annual doctoral stipend of $84 per unit is granted to eligible adjunct faculty. Assignments may be at various campus locations; days, evenings, and/or weekends; hours to be arranged.
Cabrillo College is an equal opportunity employer
Internal Number: 93318
About Cabrillo College
Cabrillo College empowers students to be effective communicators, critical thinkers, and responsible world citizens. With a commitment to quality and equity, we connect all learners to pathways that propel them from where they are to where they aspire to be, including: academic, personal, and career growth.