Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine, Department of Pediatrics UCSF School of Medicine and Benioff Children's Hospitals HS Clinical or Clinical X Faculty Series Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor Rank
The Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine, Department of Pediatrics at UCSF is recruiting a full-time faculty member to the Assistant or Associate or Full Professor rank of to the HS Clinical or Clinical X faculty series. Academic Rank is Commensurate with experience.
Position Highlights: • Qualified candidates must possess a medical degree, Board certification in General Pediatrics, and Board certification/eligibility in Adolescent Medicine.
• Clinical focus will include outpatient and inpatient specialty and consultation services for adolescents and young adults with diagnoses including but not limited to eating disorders, substance use, reproductive health concerns at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland. This will constitute .50 of the faculty member’s effort
• Additional clinical duties will include outpatient management of adolescents and young adults for both primary and specialty care at the UCSF Adolescent & Young Adult Medicine San Francisco Clinic, Satellite Clinics in the Bay Area, and Inpatient service at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital at Mission Bay. This will constitute .50 of the faculty member’s effort.
• She or he will play an active role in the ongoing training and education of medical students, Pediatric Residents (both SF and Oakland) and Adolescent Medicine Fellows.
• The faculty member will join a well-established interdisciplinary division including faculty in Medicine (Pediatrics and Internal Medicine), Nutrition, Nursing, Social Work, Psychology and Health Policy.
• UCSF has a well-established faculty development program designed to assist faculty in achieving successful and fulfilling academic careers
The University of California San Francisco (UCSF) is one of the top biomedical research institutions in the nation and is ranked 1st among public universities in NIH funding in 2018. The Department of Pediatrics trains 84 pediatric residents, 83 fellows, and 31 post-docs. The Department’s clinical enterprise is based at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital San Francisco, UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland, Mount Zion, Zuckerberg San Francisco General, and at a number of outreach clinics throughout Northern California, providing the Department with an unsurpassed opportunity to meet the needs of infants, children, and young adults throughout the Bay Area. In 2019, UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals ranked in all 10 children’s specialties in U.S. News and World Report. Nestled in a dynamic and unique geography distinguished by unprecedented innovations in technology, UCSF and the Department of Pediatrics are able to bring research and industry together to advance health.
Interested candidates can apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03127 with a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and statement of contributions to diversity. Applicant’s materials must list current and/or pending qualifications upon submission.
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
Internal Number: JPF03127
About University of California, San Francisco
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and high-quality patient care. It is the only UC campus in the 10-campus system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.